October 16, 2012

Kicking Cancer to the Curb...Advent style!

Thanks to my sister and CuresRock!, my mom set forth on a very domestic project for a friend that will be in the hospital for a while. My sis  wanted to do some sort of advent calendar that could hold messages, treats, goodies for her friend as a "pick-me-up" during her hospital stay. My sis emailed all her crafty friends for ideas...and we all attacked Pinterest in true crafty style. My mom, preferring the old school method of craftiness, just headed to the fabric store where she found some adorable "Tree of Life" fabric panels. And so it began...

She purchased two panels so one could be cut up for the "pockets", some side panels, ribbons, iron on numbers (for the days), thread, and some glittery buttons and baubles to accessorize the advent calendar. If you are looking for the same fabric, try this link:
http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=3c66c922-3dea-4276-9576-6f33c61d4222

Thought I'd post this idea for my Mom who is just too clever for Pinterest.  hehe. Nice work Mom! And thank you CuresRock (http://www.curesrock.org) for your great blogs and links.

Together, lets ALL kick cancer to the curb!



1 comment:

  1. Such a great project!! Really exciting to see it go from an idea to such a beautiful and important part of this friend's hospital stay! Love your bloggy blog, too! (Although, you are away to crafty for me...lol)

    ReplyDelete

Constructive Criticism or Compliment?